Are you are retired or slowing down your work commitments and wanting to gain some computer skills? Can you get to Parramatta CBD? Are you 55+?
Maybe you have upgraded or are thinking of purchasing a tablet?
Do you want to increase your technology skills or pass your skills on to others?
If so, Parramatta Computer Pals for Seniors – or ParraPals – is for you. We cater for PCs and MACs, iPads, Android and Windows tablets, iPhones and smartphones. Since we are all senior volunteers in a community club, we keep our fees as low as possible.
We don’t teach you job related skills. We leave that to TAFE or a community college.
However, with gentle guidance by computer savvy seniors, you can learn to:
- gain basic computer skills, PC or Apple MAC
- upgrade to a new operating system
- set up your tablet or smartphone
- learn about apps for your iPhone, Android Smartphone, iPad or other tablet
- use email efficiently to contact family and friends
- smarten up, organise and email your photos as attachments
- use the Internet to make free phone calls overseas
- find out where your ancestors lived
- learn something new online
- make cards for special occasions, or
- increase the effectiveness of your voluntary activities.
You can also get to know other seniors who share your interests and find out how they solve their technology problems.
Parramatta Computer Pals for Seniors is an incorporated non-profit association which is run entirely by seniors – all volunteers. Despite having no paid staff, the club prides itself on providing its services at a very high standard.
All courses and other activities are offered during daylight hours, and costs are kept as low as possible. A management committee of eight members meets monthly, and the committee is supported by many member volunteers who work as trainers, assistant trainers, office assistants, caterers or carpenters.