A non-profit association run by and for seniors, we must hold relevant insurance cover, and keep our technology up to date. Our fees are kept low by providing all our labour on a voluntary capacity and attracting government grants where possible. Here are our current fees:
- Joining fee of $5 – required when making application. Here is our Application form. (Opens in a separate tab.)
- An annual membership fee of $20 – pro-rata $10 for students joining for courses in Terms 1 (January) and 2 (April) – is charged each financial year. This covers our public liability and volunteer workers’ insurance. Only financial members can book a course.
- Course fee of $45 for a 10 hour course – mostly run over five weeks. Some courses running for 6 hours will cost $30. One week courses (2 hours total) will attract a lower fee of $10. All students receive a substantial training manual for each course.
You may pay:
- at our office at level 2, 1-3 Fitzwilliam Street, Parramatta (above the Parramatta Library). It is advisable to ring the office on 86280947 to check there is someone there to collect your money.
- by post to Parramatta Computer Pals for Seniors, PO Box 3102, Parramatta NSW 2124
- or EFT to Parramatta Computer Pals for Seniors Inc BSB 062223 Account 10790857 (and email our Treasurer – firstname.lastname@example.org to advise of your payment)
Your course fee is required two weeks before the course starts to ensure the course goes ahead and that you have a place in the course. Each class caters for six students.
ParraPals is a proud member of the Australian Seniors Computer Clubs Association, and our members are eligible for a wide variety of discounts arranged by ASCCA.
Parramatta Computer Pals for Seniors “ParraPals” welcomes anyone aged 55 plus, whether “retired” or still working. Many of our members are in their 80s, so don’t let age be a barrier. Activities are held during the day to avoid night time travel and safety issues.
Parramatta residents are particularly welcome, but so too are seniors who find it easy to travel to Parramatta by public transport. Classes are held very close to the railway station and to the bus terminal. If you have difficulty getting around, you may also be eligible for community transport through Community Wheels, which services Parramatta and Holroyd.
Computer Pals welcomes people with no computer skills whatsoever through to people who are experienced with many software applications and/or hardware and networking.
The management committee reserves the right to admit to membership mature adults who fall outside the 55+ age criteria.
You can print our membership form and bring it in to discuss your training requirements with one of our trainers. (Opens in a separate tab.)
We are an incorporated association under NSW Fair Trading. Here is our Constitution. It was revised in August 2017 to reflect the recent changes required by the NSW government. This also opens in a separate tab.