All our courses and activities are held during daylight hours to avoid the need for any night-time travel. We welcome City of Parramatta and Cumberland City Council residents as well as seniors from other areas who can travel to Granville by car or public transport.
ParraPals offers courses suitable for absolute beginners through to more experienced students looking to expand their skills. We also convene a variety of ongoing Special Interest Groups (SIGs) that provide members with the chance to meet up regularly and continue to develop their abilities. If you’re keen to participate but are not sure where to begin, feel free to contact us for some guidance on how to get started. If you’re eager to learn new technology skills, we have a course that will suit you.
Membership of the club is required to participate in classes and other events. Because we are a volunteer organisation we try to keep our course fees as low as possible. Visitors are welcome at our monthly meetings if you’d like to assess the group’s suitability for you.
Club membership involves an initial $5 joining fee and an annual $20 fee. Membership expires on 30th June each year and if joining between January and May, the annual fee is reduced to $10. If joining in June, your $20 fee covers you until June the following year. Membership fees cover the club’s running costs which include relevant insurance cover, purchase and maintenance of furniture, computer equipment and software, and phone and internet connections. Course fees vary depending on duration but are all very reasonable and include a comprehensive course manual. Fees for each course are shown in each term’s timetable, the most recent of which can be viewed here.
To join ParraPals, download the application form here or contact us to have a copy posted to you. Simply print the form, complete your details and return it to the club together with your joining and membership fees. You can post the form to our PO Box (see below) or scan it and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We are unable to accept credit card payments.
- Cheques can be posted to Parramatta Computer Pals for Seniors, PO Box 3102, Parramatta NSW 2124.
- You can pay by EFT, if you use internet banking, to Parramatta Computer Pals for Seniors Inc., BSB 032 277, Account 574943. Please put your name in the payee reference field and email our Treasurer at email@example.com to advise of your payment including your name and the amount paid.
- We can accept cash payments at our monthly meetings.
- Contact our Treasurer (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to discuss payment options.
ParraPals is a proud member of the Australian Seniors Computer Clubs Association.