A dozen members attended the ASCCA conference in early November. Most of the presentations are now available in PDF format on ASCCA’s .
Deborah reported “Here are some other ideas from the conference that inspired me:
- From Moira of 2Young2Retire – “each one, teach one” and “there are 60,000 universities for seniors in China” (I think they might be referring to University of the 3rd Age – U3A)
- From Nick of – visit the Store in Sydney, they have a “living room” showcasing the latest technology including painting in 3D; they have coding workshops (“Hour of Code”); the Office Lens app for mobile devices lets you documents and save them to OneNote
- From Robert of SalesForce (4th largest company in the world) – 90% of all data was created in the last two years (driven by mobile phones) and less than 1% of this data is used by business to provide better customer service
- Also from Robert – Artificial Intelligence is the next big thing. will become better at gathering and analysing data about you and anticipating your needs, so it will seem like “magic”
- From Shane of Google – Google Photos app lets you search your photos by keywords – for example, I searched for “tomb” and Google Photos found a photo I’d taken of a tomb, even though I hadn’t named or tagged the photo
The ASCCA conference is open to everyone. If you missed it this year, I encourage you to go to the next one in 2017.
Congratulations to John Hain, Hazel Labka and Ruth Cameron for their success in the Digital Photography competition, and thank you to George Simpson for running the Digital Photography group which has inspired and supported our Club photographers.